On this page we regularly post insights, news, and expert knowledge – stay up to date.
- “There’s not so much nonsense in there!”by Joachim PetersOn the importance of naturalness for the German pharmaceutical discourse. What are the characteristics of a good drug – and how can I emphasize these characteristics in a marketing strategy? This question concerns not only […]
- The “ketchup effect” in the context of Corona vaccination strategiesby Christine MertzlufftMany politicians have frequently used war metaphors when communicating about the Corona crisis. That the use of combative metaphors in this context should be considered problematic has already been pointed out by Joachim Peters and […]
- Queue-jumping and vaccination envy: framing and reframing the current vaccination discourse on a European levelby Christine MertzlufftIn cooperation with Joachim Peters The media discourse around Covid-19 vaccination is currently dominated by two intertwined topics: On the one hand, there is not yet enough vaccine for all population groups and many people […]
- Linguistic Insights: German government press releases on Corona issues are difficult to understandby Christine MertzlufftIn a study of German press releases on Corona issues, communication scientists from the University of Hohenheim revealed that the language used is difficult to understand. The study examined 1362 press releases from the German […]
- Building trust in Covid-19 vaccines through study data and clear communicationby Joachim PetersIn cooperation with Christine Mertzlufft This week saw another milestone in the crisis management of the Covid pandemic: The EMA (European Medicines Agency) approved AstraZeneca’s Corona vaccine in the EU – as the third vaccine […]